Payment of Rent Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your use of only the Ground Rents section of the comptongroup.com website and any payment you make (through the website, over the phone, or otherwise), so please take time to read them. They do not affect your statutory rights. The website has been set up under the trading name of “the Compton Group” (which is used by various companies including Tapestart Limited) and it is Tapestart Limited that you will be paying your rent to. Tapestart Limited is referred to in these terms and conditions as “we”, “us”, etc.
The contents of this site is subject to change at any time without notice. We may revise or update these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions posted on the site at the time of your visit
The contract between us
When paying ourselves you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- The amount payable for rent is set out in your lease or rentcharge deed. There is no VAT chargeable on the rent due.
- The amount of rent due is clearly shown on your most recent invoice which we have sent to you.
2. Delivery of goods:
- No delivery policy is applicable, because we are collecting rent due under a lease or rentcharge deed.
3. Cancellation of your contract:
- Under the terms of your lease or rentcharge deed, you are required to pay rent. The due date and the amount are clearly stated in your lease or rentcharge deed. Any right to terminate the lease or rentcharge deed will be set out in those documents.
- In the event of you making an over-payment, you will need to advise us in writing at our contact address of the Compton Group, 45-51 Wychtree Street, Morriston, Swansea SA6 8EX or by email to email@example.com. We will then consider your request and we will respond to you in writing within 28 days.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforeceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
6. Third party rights:
- Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
7. Governing law:
- The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.